All About Belleville Oktoberfest
Posted on 09/13/2018 by TheTourismBureau
Come celebrate the German Heritage of Belleville, Illinois with the 38th Annual Belleville Oktoberfest. This event is scheduled for the weekend of September 21st and 22nd and is packed full of entertainment including carnival rides, a Kid’s Korner, a Poker Run on Saturday, a raffle, live music in the evenings, and plenty of food, beer, and fun for the whole family.
What is Oktoberfest?
The Oktoberfest tradition started in 1810 to celebrate the marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludvig to the Saxon- Hildburghausen Princess Therese. The entire city of Munich was invited to join in on the five days of festivities. Each year an anniversary celebration was held and quickly became larger and more elaborate as the years went on. Festivities eventually moved to the end of September for September in hopes of better weather.
In the city of Belleville, this event has been going on for 37 years and has grown to feature the activities you see today.
There will be 3 stages this year for you to enjoy live entertainment from during the entire event.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
- MAIN STAGE: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - JOE DIRT 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. - SURVIVOR
- EAST MAIN STAGE: 5 p.m. to 6:30 pm – BUD LIGHT BRIGADE 7 p.m. to 8:30 pm – ANGRY FOOT 9 p.m. to 11:30 pm - STEVE DAVIS, MEMORIES OF ELVIS
- GERMAN TENT STAGE: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. - DAVE HYLLA 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. - UBER COOL
- MAIN STAGE: 11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - THE RAT PACK TRIBUTE BAND 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - BIG LOVE - FLEETWOOD MAC TRIBUTE BAND 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - WHEELS ROLLIN - JASON ALDEAN TRIBUTE BAND 9 p..m. to 11 p.m. - PORTRAIT - KANSAS TRIBUTE BAND
- EAST MAIN STAGE: 11 a.m. to 1 pm – STONE BLANKET "COACH ERIC" 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m RUST TOWN REVIVAL 4 p.m. to 6 p.m - BENDER & DAWSON 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - BAD SNEAKERS 9 p.m to 11 p.m. WILDFLOWER CONSPIRACY
- GERMAN TENT STAGE: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - SUNSHINE BOYS 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - BELLEVILLE COMMUNITY BAND 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - RENDITION 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. - UBER COOL
The children's area is open on Saturday, September 22nd from 11am-3pm. This is a perfect time to dress the kids up in their favorite superhero costume and join the fun. There will be face painting, balloon animals, special guests, games, giveaways, and pumpkin crafts.
Other Activities Oktoberfest Car Show
Saturday, September 22nd East Main Street
All vehicle years, makes, and models welcome. Awards will be presented at 3:30PM
Wiener Dog Race and Costume Contest Saturday, September 22nd Corner of N. 1st and West Main Street
The contest will begin at 2PM with the races immediately following. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to local animal rescue. Click here for more information on registering.
Cornhold Tournament Saturday, September 22nd 100 block of West Main Street
Start time for the double-elimination tournament is 10Am. Preregistration cost is $30 per team and includes a free t-shirt if registered and paid by September 7. Cost day of is $40 per team (no t-shirts)
To learn more about other Oktoberfest Events happening in ILLINOISouth, please click here.