D.D. Collins House
This Greek Revival home is a true treasure and its architecture is rare, preceding Victorian style architecture. The home was built by Judge Daniel Dove Collins (Madison County 2nd Court, 1853-1857), first president of the Collinsville Village Board. Collins was not related to the original Collins brothers who founded Collinsville, but was good friends with them and did marry Elizabeth Anderson, daughter of a founding father. The home originally stood at the northeast corner of Main and Center Streets. The house is now open after extensive renovation.
Open Limited Days and by appointment only.
Ongoing restoration has made this an authentic 1930s-1950s Midwestern family farm and conservation reserve. Walk over three miles of hiking trails through prairies and woods; see what’s growing in the gardens; and check out the historic structures and tools. Fun interactive family activities are regularly scheduled.